Our custom frames are high in demand, and we have over 40 years of experience in working with a diverse range of clients. FrameWarehouse offers a broad selection of mouldings and frames to ensure you get precisely what you’re looking for.
If you own something that you think is worth framing, we encourage you to bring your items to our store in Ashgrove, we’ll carry out a free design consultation and guide you through our fantastic framing options.
When framing historic or vintage pieces, consider the frame colours that would have been used when the art was new. For, an antique French poster for example, that could mean a gold frame, whereas an antique painting of a Dutch landscape may have been in a darker, denizened frame. Decor should not dictate your frame designs. Well framed art will far outlive the room decor.
Why use a mat board?
Limited edition prints tend to be highly valuable and need to be kept in good condition away from the glass in order for them to keep their collectability value. Artworks, Pastels, watercolours, paintings and papyrus' need to be near acid free materials.
Rag Conservation Mats
– 100% cotton core and backing, acid-free and lignin-free.
– Suede, Silk and Linen offer unique textures and finishes for that more luxurious finish.
– Acid-free on the backing only.
What light protection does my glass give?
- The most common choice for picture framing due to its availability and low cost. Clear glass will protect against dust and marks but only provides 45% UV protection.
Non-Reflective Glass / Diffused
- Is etched on one side to diffuse reflection this ensures you see your artwork, even when it is hung in an area with lots of light. It does not reflect UV light and therefore provides no protection against UV light fading. It is not recommended for pictures with fine printing or detail since some clarity is lost. The loss of clarity is further emphasised when the glass is spaced away from the artwork, using mat boards or spacers, it is 45% UV.
Conservation 99% Clear Glass
- Is used to protect art and objects of importance from fading when framed. The UV glass has 99% ultra violet protection. Recommend for valuable and irreplaceable work.
Non-Reflective / Diffused 99% Glass
– 99% UV protection, with the addition of an etched side to diffuse reflection.
Recommended for valuable works hung on a wall with reflective light.
- Art glass is the premium glass 99% UV protection offering the highest brightness and contrast levels available. In fact, its near invisible. Fantastic for spaced back items and small writing which looks like its not there.
Our staff are always available to offer our clients the highest quality picture framing expertise.
All work guaranteed, quality workmanship, 43 years experienced, CBD !!